Grand Prairie, Alberta, Canada
Son of Isaac and Daisy Charlotte Frazee of Truro, Nova Scotia, Canada
United Church of Canada
Service number
1943-07-22, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
1944-03-27, United Kingdom
1944-06-12, France
Date of death
Belgium, Died of wounds
North Shore (New Brunswick) Regiment, R.C.I.C.
Cemetery reference
Plot 5 | Row A | Grave 11
Grave Adopted
Military grave
Additional info

Was with the Royal Canadian Air Force R/183174. Enlisted on November 5, 1942 in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. Discharged on June 2, 1943.

Tall, slim youthful appearance. Polite, quiet, unassuming type. Seems well motivated, conscientious, dependable. High-average learning ability, with relatively good education; good knowledge of tools and their use. States that he "liked to tinker around with old cars" in civil life. Trained as Dispatch Rider in Canada, eager to continue with this type of work in field. Possible NCO material if he gains self-confidence. -- Lieutenant G.G. Wrenshall.

Qualified Dispatch Rider Class 3 on December 2, 1943.

Assigned to the North Nova Scotia Highlanders on July 5, 1944.

Promoted to the rank of Lance Corporal on August 10, 1944.

Reverts to the rank of Private because of transfer to North Shore Regiment on August 29, 1944.

Wounded on October 27, 1944. Died of wounds. Shot or shell wounds to chest, buttock and abdomen.

Rifle number 45L3593.

Father served overseas with the Royal Canadian Ordnance Corps. Corporal Isaac Frazee F/91421.

The North Shore (New Brunswick) Regiment war diary reports on October 27, 1944:
Schoondijke MR082139 (Lange Heerenstraat/ Molenkreek, Schoondijke, Netherlands).
Weather: Cloudy and cool.

At 0730 hrs, Tac H.Q. moved forward for the attack at 0800 hrs. "D" Coy moved forward at 0820 hrs, and took up a new position behind "C" Coy prior to attacking. Carriers reported shelling and small arms fire, also mines and could not proceed until cleared. Shalldrake was taking on targets as called for by Coy's. "D" Coy progress was slow, their support being hindered by mines. At 1000 hrs, 1 M10 tank was reported as knocked out by mines and one in the ditch. 

"D" Coy was pinned down by fire. Snipers had been left behind and were causing them a great deal of trouble. "A" Coy reported heavy shelling at their area, at 1045 hrs. "D" Coy were prepared at 1102 hrs to try again, but were unsuccessful. 

A new fire plan and orders for another attack was in the process of being drafted, when Brigade sent a message, that the plan as before was cancelled and "D" Coy were to withdraw and Coy's were to move to another area for a new attack. The Commanding Officer called an "O" Gp immediately. Due to darkness falling the plan was again cancelled and Brigade ordered an "O" Gp at their H.Q. at 2000 hrs.

Our Battalion was to attack in the new area at 0500 hrs.