Cemetery Register

Please leave a note in the digital cemetery register. Thank you in advance.

Comments

Anonymous Thu, 06/14/2018 - 22:54
Your Message
Thank you so much for this website. Although Ivan died so young that he did not have any children, other family members are making sure he is never forgotten. Thank you also for emailing me a photo of his gravestone. Hopefully one day I will be able to visit in person.
Your Name
Carol Black
Your Location
Gravenhurst, Ontario, Canada
Relatives of (name and service number)
Ivan Teeple B115517 Stormont Dundas and Glengarry Highlanders

Anonymous Mon, 06/18/2018 - 20:40
Your Message
Ivan was not actually MY relative ... he was the cousin of a dear friend, who asked us to place a stone from her garden on Ivan's grave. We did so on Friday May 25, 2018, and the entire experience was immensely moving, even without a personal blood connection. I was actually shocked to learn that Ivan's entire crew was buried side-by-side in a row ... I was NOT expecting that. Beautiful, peaceful spot to honour these brave YOUNG men who gave everything they had.
Your Name
Ron Baker
Your Location
Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
Relatives of (name and service number)
James Ivan Magoffin, RCAF / RAF, Squadron #207

Anonymous Fri, 06/29/2018 - 10:21
Your Message
Thank you for creating this page for me to give thanks, not only to my grandfather but all those that lay next to him. I wish I could learn everything about you. A brave young man at 24, and taken far to soon.. never to watch your 4 children grow, my mother not even a year old when you passed. I wish I could have seen your personality, your looks that may resemble my own.. I will keep learning and researching all about you. I will never forget you and will share all my knowledge of you to my children and so on. Thank you again grandfather for your heroic sacrifice.
7th October 1944
RIP with your buddies
All my love, Your grandaughter Darvella Xo
Your Name
Darvella O’Neill
Your Location
Vernon British Columbia, Canada
Relatives of (name and service number)
Wray, Pte. Leslie Cecil K/40994 Canadian Scottish Regt. R.C.I.C

Michael Sun, 07/22/2018 - 14:46
Your Message
Every stone has a story to tell. It's rather interesting to investigate yours and profile the information on this website. Perhaps it's you that lied about your age, to join the Army, to go oversea's, to be part of making history. To collect the flowers and kisses from the girls after liberating another town. You faced joy and fear, perhaps stared death the eyes more than once. You found peace in the Belgium earth and won't be forgotten.
Your Name
Michael vd Velde
Your Location
Biervliet

Anonymous Sun, 07/29/2018 - 20:49
Your Message
Michael
Thank you for allowing me to post a message on your website. I have visited the Netherlands on numerous occasions studying Canadian battlefields during WW2. The Dutch remember the sacrifices paid by so many to clear the German occupiers.
My late dad was a member of the 17th Duke of York's Royal Canadian Hussars. He survived the war and lived a long and full life.

Cheers
Randall
Your Name
Randall
Your Location
Toronto ON Canada
Relatives of (name and service number)
R.G. Klein D116021 7th Recce Regiment, 3rd Canadian Division

Anonymous Sat, 10/06/2018 - 23:39
Your Message
Michael,

Thank you for reaching out to me about this project. I am grateful to know that the sacrifices that my grandfather and his comrades made will be recorded for future generations.

.As I write this, per his service record, this is the 74th anniversary of his death in the early days of the Battle of the Scheldt.

While neither his wife, nor his son were able to do so, I have been fortunate enough to visit the cemetary twice, once 11 yrs ago yesterday , and a second time 4 yrs ago on Remembrance Day. During both visits the people of the Netherlands were welcoming and shared stories of what the Canadian soldiers did for their country for which they are eternally grateful.

My grandfather, Rfln. Gus John Polishak (Regina Rifle Regiment), shipped out to fight when my father, his only child, was about 6 months old. Even though he was the eldest of 3 brothers in his family, who were old enough to enlist, he was both the last to leave as well as the only one of them to die in battle.

I still have a letter sent by the army regarding his death, at the age of 30, to his wife Nellie (then 25) and son Danny (16 months ) along with the personal effects he had on him at his death; it is heartbreaking to think what she felt reading it.

I know that in more ways than one that without my grandfather's ultimate sacrifice I would not be here today and I am forever thankful for his bravery and self-sacrifice.
Your Name
Elaine Polishak
Your Location
Vancouver, BC Canada
Relatives of (name and service number)
Gus John Polishak/ Rifleman L105440 - Regina Rifle Regiment, R.C.I.C.

Anonymous Mon, 10/08/2018 - 20:59
Your Message
Although I am not a relative, I feel so privileged to be able to discover your story and leave it so others will see it as well. There is not a lot known about you or your family but I did not leave any stone unturned when searching for them to discover who you were. You must have lied about your age to be able to enlist, I wish I knew why I just want to know more. Your life has left me thinking how many more people have gone unthought of because nothing is known about them. Thank you for serving and putting my life and the war in perspective.
Your Name
Rachel Osborne
Your Location
North Bay, Ontario
Relatives of (name and service number)
William John Kirkwood Fisher B/41696

Anonymous Tue, 11/06/2018 - 18:30
Your Message
Thank you for preserving the memory of our relatives who paid the ultimate sacrifice. My great uncle Frederick William Wilkinson is in Adagem. I visited in 2015 and again this past summer.
Your Name
Glenna Smith-walkden
Your Location
Morrisburg Ontario Canada
Relatives of (name and service number)
Frederick William Wilkinson

Anonymous Thu, 11/15/2018 - 08:30
Your Message
I can't thank you enough for all the work you have done creating this website. My Uncle Curtis Miller means allot to me and my family, even though most of use never got to meet him. With your amazing help I am learning so much about him, and the love and care our soldiers receive from everyone. Makes it so much easier knowing him and the other soldiers are not alone.

Your Name
Enid Miller
Your Location
Chilliwack BC Canada
Relatives of (name and service number)
C.H Miller F 57400